While filling in a UK form I just encountered the following question:
How many credit cards held?
This was followed by a free-form text field. So they are either asking
- ‘how many credit cards have you ever held in your hands in total,’
- ‘how many credit cards have you held in your hands at most at any one time,’ or
- ‘how many credit cards have you currently got registered in your own name.’
Judging by the context it's obviously the third.
Current account held? [ ] Yes [ ] No
What? My first thought was that there was a plural "s" missing, and they're really asking how many accounts I have like in the last question, or else the account number of my current account, but they want a binary answer. So are they asking
- ‘do you have an account at all,’
- ‘is your account in some nebulous "held" state,’
- ‘is the account you're currently using registered in somebody else's name (applicable to minors or dependants),’ or
- something completely different?