Take the 2-minute tour ×
English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

A Swedish teacher could write on an essay in Swedish (translated: Some of your structures, (the way you use the language) are"uncertain") meaning that it's a bit awkardly phrased and not very precise. How would an English teacher phrase this phenomenon? awkard? cumbersome? shaky? They all seem wrong somehow.

share|improve this question

closed as not constructive by RegDwigнt May 18 '13 at 10:01

As it currently stands, this question is not a good fit for our Q&A format. We expect answers to be supported by facts, references, or expertise, but this question will likely solicit debate, arguments, polling, or extended discussion. If you feel that this question can be improved and possibly reopened, visit the help center for guidance.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Your grasp of the language is poor. But there are any number of equally valid answers to this. –  RegDwigнt May 18 '13 at 10:04
Those are all good suggestions that work in principle, and I'm sure a thesaurus would offer more. The best would be to actually get some high-school English teachers to answer, but I think they're spending all their time right now reading students' essays and making remarks on them. –  Mitch May 18 '13 at 14:48