English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I need to find a word to define the products you see in the capture. The best match I've found is findings.

Is this word the correct one? Is there a better word for these products? Three groups of bead-like objects ("bead" used in its loosest sense of "something with a hole drilled through it for a string"). The first group is labeled "Metal" and includes a gold hoop, a flat silver disk with a hole in the middle, a silver flattened oblong with no visible hole, a small brass disk with a hole in the middle, and a gold coin with a hole near the edge. The second group is labeled "Natural" and includes a bone oval cabochon, a bone asymmetrical triangular loop, a mother-of-pearl disk with a large hole in the middle, and a small dark round bead. The third group is labeled "Resin" and includes a silvery heart bead, a large flat dark amber-colored oval bead, a small clear round bead, an amber-colored pony bead, and a small cream-colored oval cabochon.

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by Brian Hooper, Kris, Kristina Lopez, aedia λ, tchrist May 10 '13 at 18:37

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

may be you can use objects – Mohamed KALLEL May 9 '13 at 7:25
These look like beads... What do you mean by findings? Where do you want to use the word? What context? – Fr0zenFyr May 9 '13 at 7:48
@Fr0zenFyr In the context you see in the picture. It is a title for those products. Check this link: google.es/… – chefnelone May 9 '13 at 7:56
Then beads is what I'd say after looking at the image. Findings are more than just these, check en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finding and en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bead – Fr0zenFyr May 9 '13 at 8:03
In fact, per Wikipedia, findings are specifically not these objects. – Andrew Leach May 9 '13 at 9:04
up vote 3 down vote accepted

Jewelry "findings" are the parts used to join jewellery components together to form a completed article... As @Fr0zenFyr mentioned refer this article: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finding

share|improve this answer
for reference, there is an entire website for buying findings online : jewelryfindings-online.com/ON%20LINE%20CATALOG.asp look under the findings sub-category – Mitaksh Gupta May 9 '13 at 10:22
I'd say that '(costume) jewellery components' covers all the objects shown - they mainly seem to be 'jewellery non-findings' if anything. – Edwin Ashworth May 9 '13 at 10:25
thanks, this help me a lot. – chefnelone May 9 '13 at 14:35

"Results" perhaps, if these are displayed after someone has searched.

share|improve this answer
It in not a search listing result. – chefnelone May 9 '13 at 7:58

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.