English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a (British) English word for a printed week-by-week cleaning schedule?

share|improve this question
What is wrong with cleaning schedule? – Matt E. Эллен Apr 13 '13 at 8:29
up vote 3 down vote accepted

In British house-shares this would normally be called a rota:

rota noun
1 British a list showing when each of a number of people has to do a particular job:
  a cleaning rota
Compare with roster.


roster noun
a list or plan showing turns of duty or leave for individuals or groups in an organization:
  next week’s duty roster


share|improve this answer

We might call it a roster: 'a list or plan showing the names of individuals or groups in any organization, frequently including the rotation of their duties.'

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.