I've seen terms such as "Associate Engineer", "Assistant Engineer", "Senior Enigneer" but I'm yet to find a ranked list of such terms.
In a word-for-word translation for similar ranks in Brazil, we have:
- Engineering Intern — 5-year engineering graduation still in course;
- Engineering Trainee — fresh out of a 5-year engineering course;
- Junior Engineer — fresh out of the course, licensed (no experience is required for a license here);
- Full Engineer — at least 3 to 5 years of experience in their field;
- Senior Engineer — at least 10 years of experience, though time is less of a factor;
- Specialist Engineer — shows deep knowledge on specific parts of their field.
What would be the ranks used in English and associated experience/requirements?