English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What is your feeling about the differences between the two?

share|improve this question
I would say that the first option refers to technologies that facilitate interaction while the second refers to technologies that have the ability to interact with humans or other technologies. – tylerharms Apr 4 '13 at 9:14

If you look at Computer Science syllabi that cover these subjects - both are often mentioned. The phrase "Interaction Technologies" tends to be a more all-encompassing subject and more of general overview of the technologies involved with human computer interaction (HCI). The phrase "Interactive technologies" tends to concentrate on the individual technologies themselves and how they work. So essentially the second is a subset of the first.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.