English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What does r/t and e/w stand for when shown after the price?

Something like this:

Flight from $300 r/t
and flight $100 e/w

share|improve this question
up vote 14 down vote accepted

e/w: Each Way – A to B.
r/t: Round Trip – A to B and B to A.

share|improve this answer
I believe "round trip" is also known as "return" in British English. – nohat Jan 28 '11 at 18:55

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.